MEATBALL STUFFED-CRUST DEEP DISH PIZZA
The only thing better than deep dish pizza is meatball stuffed-crust deep dish pizza. Feel free to mix things up with toppings and sauces. Go classic or go wild. Plus, if you prefer a firmer crust, you can pre-bake the crust to make it a little crispier (Just don’t tell your Chicago friends).
- 16 Casa Meatballs, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 Tbsp oil, for cooking
- One bake-ready pizza dough (usually in the grocery store deli) or thawed prepared frozen pizza dough
- 1.5 cup marinara sauce (your fave prepared or homemade if you’ve got it!)
- 1.5 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings of your choice (pepperoni, sliced black olives, thinly sliced onions, or green peppers, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter, for brushing the crust
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- Bake Casa Meatballs per package instructions. Once done, set aside to cool.
- Keep oven temp at 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the sheet of parchment paper, press or roll the pizza dough into a large circle, about 12 inches in diameter.
- Cut 8 evenly spaced 1-inch slits on the edge of the dough.
- Place two meatballs on the edge of the dough between 2 slits. Top meatballs lightly with 1 tsp marinara and approximately 1 tsp of shredded mozzarella.
- Pull the corners of the dough around the meatball and press into the dough, sealing the meatballs in a dough pocket. Repeat with the remaining meatballs, and create a deep dish “shelf” as you go along. (If you want to pre-bake your crust for a few minutes, now’s the time to do it!)
- Spoon half of the remaining marinara sauce into the middle of the pizza and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the remaining mozzarella and parmesan over the sauce, then add half of your selected pizza toppings!
- Create a second layer of marinara, cheese, and toppings. 11. Brush the dough around the meatballs with butter. Sprinkle parmesan on crust.
- Bake according to pizza dough instructions, but given the depth, know that it might take a little longer to bake. Usually around 25 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the dough is golden and just cooked through.
- Slice with a pizza cutter and serve. Makes 8 slices.